Monday, March 26, 2012

recapped.

Yesterday was a bust in some ways and awesome in other ways.

We made back our money, and a $2 profit. Um. Yeah. Then my mom bought three things from me, of course, which was nice of her, especially because she picked three of the pricier things, including these really awesome old leather clogs that were pretty much perfect except for the fact that they are a half size too small for ME, which means they fit her. (My mom paid me with a check.)

I got a lot of compliments on my booth. People took my card. (My friend Jenny stayed with us for the afternoon. She keep handing the card to people. She is a pusher.) I got a few "Oh you sell on Etsy!" and my response was always "There isn't much in my shop but right now BUT THERE WILL BE" which means I have to actually get off my ass and get.shit.done.

I had a $12 beer.

We bought a sweet little starburst vase and a set of two little glasses (perfect for whiskey) from the girl who was right next to us. It was a slow day for everyone, thanks to it being the first cool and rainy day after a week of gorgeous weather, but I still enjoyed the whole process. It was nice to talk to other people who want to do the same things as I do, and the people are ARE doing it and finding success.

All in all, it was an eye-opening experience, and now I will be better prepared for the next one in April. Even though I didn't sell much, the whole day felt satisfying to me in a way that I haven't really felt before, and I need to hang on to that feeling, to remember what it is I enjoy doing.

Oh and after we got home and unloaded the car, we went out for oystes. Three dozen, to be exact. T'was a good evening, for sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment