Tuesday, May 28, 2013

The Waiting Game.

This is where we are at: making no plans, keeping the apartment clean, bags in the car.... just waiting for this baby to show up.

There haven't been too many signs of the arrival, but the doc seemed optimistic at our appointment on friday that baby would make an appearance soon. I'd really like for the tiny human to be early, or at least on time, because I just can't stand when people are late. As Trever puts it, we will really see whose baby this is, based on an early or late arrival. (case in point: he will be late for work today. Why? Cause Kiki MADE him sit on the couch for twenty minutes and pet her. I know she is hard to say no to, but really?)

SO. That's about it. I am in this limbo, waiting until my life is no longer my own. I am worried about money. I am a little, or a lot, nervous about the actual act of giving birth. I hope Kiki isn't too mad at me when I come home from the hospital with a baby. I hope breast feeding will be easy for us. I still need to get a breast pump. It's easy to get caught up in my own head right now.

Luckily I have some projects to keep me busy the next few days (my grammy would be ashamed at how long it's taking me to send out thank you cards) and some crappy tv shows to watch, plus I will need to smother Kiki with love to the point where she is sick of me.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment