Thursday, May 30, 2013

May 30th

Today is supposedly the day the baby is due. A due date, like returning library books, only there is no fine if baby is late, which I am presuming will be the case.

I've been thinking a lot of exposure of kids on the various platforms (FB, IG, vine, blogs, etc etc) and wondering how much I will actually comfortable with when it comes to my own kid. I don't see myself ever posting pictures of bare bottoms or sitting on the potty or prancing around in a diaper. I've watched far too much SVU to ever be comfortable with that. I am, by my nature, a bit of an exhibitionist, which is a funny contrast with the introverted part of my personality. If you were to meet me in person, it might take me a long time to open up to you. Probably I wouldn't like you right away. Or you wouldn't like me. I am, after all, kind of a bitch. At the same time, if I feel comfortable with you right off the bat, I will have no problem telling you all sorts of things about me that you probably don't even want to know. Especially if I have a little bourbon in me.

While I may comfortable posting tons of pictures on IG of my face or my feet or my cat or whatever, I don't know think it would be fair of me to do the same with pictures of my baby. I mean, I am sure I won't be able to resist the urge, but I am going to keep in check. I am going to think of my future 8 yr old, 10 yr old, 14 yr old, who may hate me for what I posted on the internet. There are so many ways that parents can embarrass their kids, without involving the internet, so I am going to have to remind myself that I won't want my teenager hating me anymore than the usual amount that teenagers hate their parents.

I am rambling. I am bored. I am going to watch Fringe all day and wait for this baby to show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment