Thursday, February 7, 2013

We moved.

The past couple of weeks have been fairly crazy. We moved on Saturday, so the week prior was spent working and packing. Then from Sunday on has been spent working and unpacking. It turns that out that I don't have enough energy to do all of this, not while cooking a baby, so we are not as settled as I would like to be. Trever has been really great, working his butt off, not sleeping enough, but hey, he can pound the coffees down and I can't, so fair is fair.

The first night there was particularly hard on Kiki. She was up all night. Not that she sleeps through the night, ever, but she was on the bed, meowing in my ear, dragging her plastic weeble feather toy around, basically non stop. I didn't sleep, because she wouldn't let me. And before you suggest that I just close the door and shut her out, I will tell you now that I will never ever do that. Since that night, she has started getting used to her new space. Friends brought us over a new(used) couch, so for the first time in years we have a couch that is big enough for more than two people to sit on. Kiki's first reaction was WHERE IS MY COUCH but she has now warmed up to our new blue giant. Piles of catnip and stinky fish treats have helped in this process. I think once we really get unpacked, she will start to relax more, but for now I have resigned myself to the fact that I need to spend at least an hour and half laying with her when I get home each day, to soothe her stressed old lady nerves. (Like I really mind taking a daily nap with my best friend, please.)

I don't know where my clothes are... which is of little consequence since I only have a few items that fit me anyways. I am wearing the same top today that I wore on Monday. It's clean, though, I promise.

We still have stuff left at the old place, which we were planning on moving over this Saturday, but it looks like we are shaping up to get almost two feet of snow Friday night into Saturday morning, throwing a real big wrench in our plans. We will do as much as we can tomorrow morning before the snow hits (probably won't be much since I can't lift much and it will just be the two of us) and then we will hunker down for the next two days and unpack as much as we can.

I know I am supposed to be getting all excited about picking out baby things but honestly the whole thing is a little daunting, especially when the baby's room is filled with every other thing we own. Seriously, every book, every record, all my clothes, many guitars, and a variety of other junk cover every inch of the floor. We are going to have a killer yard sale in the spring, just you wait.

Oh, this little starseed I am growing is 24 weeks today. I feel the movements but they are mostly on my bladder. I am looking forward to the day when I get kicked in the ribs for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment