Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Just thought I would mention these things,

In case any of you care:

1. I am having, without a doubt, the worst gas of my life. I am so relieved that I am not taking the train to work anymore, as holding it in for an hour each way, while doable, was sort of stressful. When I am at home, I just let it go. I keep matches nearby. It's terrible, but also fun to dutch oven Kiki. (She doesn't mind at all.)

2. As of now, I am still do not need to go on bed rest. I have another appointment next week to check my progress. This is good news. Maybe I just have a Dynamic Cervix. (capitalized cause I think it would make a good title for a song or a poem, or maybe a band name.)

3. I broke down just after Christmas and ordered a coat. I used some of the money my sister gave us for Christmas. Trever was happy to use our gift this way, even though there were plenty of others ways for us to use it. My coat was not zipping up anymore, and we still have a few more month of weather to deal with. I spent hours upon hours looking at maternity coats online, and came to the conclusion that pregnant ladies apparently like to walk around in giant belted sleeping bags during the winter. NO THANKS. I've never liked those puffy coats, why would want to look even puffier now that I am already am? The non puffy coats are all cheaply made or too itchy or have some god awful belt. I just can't get down the belted coat look, sorry. And then I found this. It was more than I wanted to spend, that's for sure, especially with the added shipping, but then I got to thinking about it, and I realized that the only new coats I've ever owned were gifts that my sister got me. Everything else has been from the thrift store, and I have been 100% okay with that, but I am THIRTY FOUR FUCKING YEARS old and if I want to buy a coat that I don't fucking hate when I am pregnant, then I should be able to do it! SO I DID. (and since the money came from my sister, it's almost like she just bought me another coat.) It came yesterday. It's glorious! And I will definitely be able to wear it when I am NOT pregnant. It's lined, but not puffy or bulky at all. The hood is a little gnome-like, but I am okay with that. The color is awesome. The twill is soft. The lining is fleece, which I usually HATE, but this fleece is not that the kind that gives me chills all over my body and makes me want to grind my teeth and punch things. Of course this week is unusually warm and I don't need to wear it. Thanks, global warming.

4. My boobs are itchy.

And that's all I've got.

Edited to add: I just went back to April's posts and cried. I miss my Roo-cat every single god damn day. I am so grateful that we still have Kiki, and it's hard to imagine that I will ever be without her. Can we just name our baby KikiRoo? Or Rookiki? That wouldn't be that weird, right?

1 comment:

  1. LOVE that coat...and this hilarious reminder of the ridiculousness that is pregnancy.

    ReplyDelete