Monday, June 11, 2012

Hello, June.

We have begun the moving process. It's all very tedious. We have been painting the new place, and the color scheme is perfect. It's taking a little while, since we are painting everything: the trim, the walls, the ceilings, the cabinets. And then there is the bathroom, which I am scraping. Scraping five layers of paint off turquoise tiles. It HAS to be done. Who the fuck paints over tiles? Assholes, that's who.

It's a ton of work, but we both know that it's 100% worth it, and when we are finally settled in July, we will take a day to sleep in.

I have only barely begun to pack. That's the part that I get stuck on. It's so hard to not go through shit while boxing it up. I feel compelled to flip through every photo album and journal I pick up. This is time consuming, and sometimes upsetting, especially because there are pictures of Roo everywhere.

And that brings me to the other weird feelings. I keep thinking that I am somehow leaving the ghost of my cat behind. Not that I think Roo is haunting the apartment, but it's so easy to glance out to the porch and see her sitting there still, in the sun spot, licking the wood. When we move, I will look out to a porch that she has never been on, and never will get to see. It's good and bad, I guess. We need to move on, we've outgrown our place and crave a new a neighborhood, but I will miss the floors, the trees, the birds, and seeing my beloved girl in all her favorite spots. I wonder how Kiki feels about everything. I wish she could tell me with words.



I am choked up at work now. Awesome.
and with that, I'm out.

No comments:

Post a Comment